Friday, August 27, 2010

Today I Ate a Rainbow

My daughters prize pack came, it consisted of a book, magnets (she did not like the eggplant LOL) a sheet to go on the fridge that is the rainbow and a pad of paper. The purpose of all this is to encourage your child to eat the rainbow of fruits and veggies each day. So when she eats a red fruit for instance she moves a red magnet to the red area of the sheet on the fridge. She loves it - and is eating a wider variety for sure. I wish that the actual sheet was a magnet because it keeps sliding from my fridge -but hey it is pretty cool anyway. The book is pretty fun, about eating your fruits and veggies etc as well. The pad of paper is in colours so you can grocery shop in colour I assume - making sure you get each colour of the rainbow :) All in all, a success with my 5 year old, my 9 year old looked at it for 30 seconds and moved on. If you would like to buy this set for you lovely little one go to www.todayiatearainbow.com
Here is my set all of it and just the magnets and sheet on the fridge as my five year old and I set it up.



2 comments:

  1. I am glad to see it was well recieved by your 5 year old. My 9 year old wasn't huge into charting a rainbow but she did want to use them on her magnetic board upstairs, b/c she thought they were cute. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is interesting to know - perhaps she will get an interest in them over time :) I am amazed at how interested my 5 year old is though! Still think they should rethink the eggplant though LOL. Perhaps another purple plant -not sure what.

    ReplyDelete