Thursday, August 12, 2010

To those that enter contests

I would love to hear from you that enter contests, how often to you receive what you win? How often to you ever hear that your "wins" have been sent from a blog contest? I have only had confirmation of my wins being sent from a few places and only received one win - my wonderful Belvedere Designs wall clings came and are up on my walls looking oh so good. I have had a e-mail from my book win saying it is in the mail and my Panty by Post has said it is in the mail as well as Green Eyed Monster, but these are all Businesses that have something to loose, except the book which is just a lovely blog owner :) I do have a nine year old asking me about ten times a day if the book has come LOL. The others - nothing, no e-mail, no mail, hmmmmm. So tell me other contest enterers. Do your wins show up? At what point to you contact the blogs, or do you? Do tell, I want to know the etiquette as I just don't know. I do intend to mark somehow my list as to things that have come and things that have not - so people know honest companies/blogs and not so much. But have not figured that one out yet LOL still a newbie :) Tell me how you all handle this!

7 comments:

  1. As someone who has regular monthly giveaways, if you haven't received your gift within 3 weeks definitely let the blogger know. Use the contact form on their blog first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know Moe, it is comming up to three weeks on some of them for sure, it is sad, that so many have not even said that anything has been mailed. I am thrilled with the two prizes I have recieved, and they litteraly took a week to get here, from telling me I won to getting into my mailbox, it does make me think that some of the others are just free advertising....Only time will tell though and with luck I will be proven wrong :) I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enter and host contests. I myself tell sponsors to try to get them out within 2 weeks, if something comes up they email me, and i'll tell the winner. I would want an email after 3 or 4 weeks if the winner hasn't received. And trust me I've had many, which gets frustrating. Some companies are just slower than others. But yes, do tell the blog owner if you do not receive a gift so we can track down and update you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nichol, I got two today - thank goodness one of them was my daughters book which is a great book and I will be blogging about it as soon as I can. She is just thrilled and reading it now :) The other was my cami, and I will get some pics up soon of that :) To happy, and it has put some faith in me that the others will hopefully show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too host giveaways on my blog. I do try to deal with only reputable companies and would be horrifed to find out the giveaway never arrived. I would like to be notified aftr about 3 weeks if it has not showm up on a winners doorstep, but of course the truth is some companies are just a lot slower then others!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interestingly one of the blogs that I have e-mailed has not responded to me - for the UGlee pens - at this point I am considering them a right off LOL no worries it was for three pens but I am dispointed that the blog owner did not even respond to my e-mail one owner "Gossamer Hollow" said if the picture did not show up in three days she would send something else! It showed up yesterday and we amazing. I will blog about it on the weekend. It all works out in the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well the UGlee pens did show up, as did another win from way back in August, so some just take a long time :) I just needed patience LOL - learning that one! I have also learned that I have slow times and then there are these odd little patches were I have two or three days of wins :) Love those days - but it has happend a couple times now! Very nice indeed!

    ReplyDelete