Friday, September 24, 2010

Beryl:A Pig's Tale book Review

Here is another guest post from my five year old who will review the best book we have read in her life - and one of the best books I have read to be honest it is just lovely and sweet, and sad all the things I look for in a good book. It is by Jane Simmons and it is honestly not written with the average 5 year old in mind but my 5 year old is pig mad and this book is all about two pigs, a "pork pig" and a "wild pig" who become best friends and there adventures. It is 215 pages long and full of the most enchanting pictures you will ever see!

From My youngest:
Beryl is cute and kind and loving. I loved this book. I have read it twice with my mom.

This book was read by us in two days the first time, then she handed it over to her Grandma to read! And she actually did (amazing really! she enjoyed it as well) and now we are re-reading it more slowly to enjoy it again, truly this is a magical book, full of adventure, and life. I highly recommend it for the 7-10 year old set. But honestly I was hard pressed not to pick it up when my daughter was asleep and read it myself and  Grandma could not put it down either!

2 comments:

  1. This is one of the best book reviews I have read lately. You make me want to find a copy of this book.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should, either from Amazon, a local book store, the liabrary - where ever - it is SO good! Really. Just read it, you will love it, young or old :)

    ReplyDelete